Boston Cream Pie Cupcake Recipe??

Baking By KsCakes09 Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 1:51am by scp1127

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 9

Been dying to try a boston cream cupcake but don't have a recipe for one. If anyone has one I'd love to try it. Thanks.

8 replies
SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 9

I don't have a recipe but, would think you could probably just use your standard vanilla cake recipe, then cool and fill with a custard and top with a chocolate ganache.

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 9

I second the above poster but I use a yellow cake

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 9

If you put "Boston ream pie cupcakes" into Google, there are many recipes. This is the first one on the list:
http://www.amandascookin.com/2011/03/boston-cream-pie-cupcakes.html

shanter Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 9

er...Cream....not ream

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 9

That might google something awful!

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 9

Boston Ream would probably bring up some VERY different results! LMAO

shanter Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:05am
post #8 of 9

Ha ha ha ha ha.....Maybe I need a new keyboard!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #9 of 9

That's one where you can really make it your own. Perfect your cake, pastry cream, and ganache. For my ganache, I make it sweeter with corn syrup and vanilla bean paste in a basic semi-sweet ganache. I use a yellow/vanilla... the same thing... cake with yolks too with predominant vanilla flavor. The pastry cream really needs to take center stage and the consistency needs to be stiff. Cutting out the center in a cone, cut off point of cone, return, is how I get the most cream. The other way is to remove a cone, round up the cream, cover the mounding top with ganache.

Pastry cream is essentially the same for most recipes. The key is to use the best cream or milk, vanilla is the most important, and the butter. I use local dairy products and that is where the superior taste comes from. For the vanilla, vbp, and homemade vanilla extract made with Grey Goose and great beans. This really does separate the ok pastry cream from the best.

I know this isn't really a recipe, but this particular recipe is so much a matter of personal taste. Just tweak the components to make it your favorite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%