Butter Cream Flowers

Decorating By SPODN Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 4:34am by microunique

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:28am
post #1 of 4

I'm taking a cake decorating class, and for class tomorrow we have to bring a cake frosted to decorate in class. The recomendation from Wilton is to make royal icing flowers at home and bring them to class. I realllllly don't like royal icing and I would like to make the flowers out of decorator icing. I was unable to get the icing done early so they could dry overnight. My question is if I make the flowers tomorrow morning would it help if I refridgerate them or even freeze them to take to class tomorrow evening. The instructor doesn't care what kind of icing we use we just can't use fondant.

icon_smile.gif

3 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:58am
post #2 of 4

If you made them now, they'd be dry enough to remove from the waxed paper by tomorrow evening...maybe a lil' tacky area in the center on the bottom.

If you freeze them, they'd definitely be easy to remove from the waxed paper but, you may want to consider transporting them in a cooler to prevent excessive sweating.

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:33am
post #3 of 4

Thanks, its too late for me to attempt to work on flowers now, its way past my bedtime. Thanks again for the info. I'm going to freeze them I bring a cooler ever week because the heat just melt the frosting.

microunique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
microunique Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:34am
post #4 of 4

The experts in modern bakery performs the magic of butter cream flower since many years it is easy as well as cheap method to decorate your cake. The cake with butter cream flower does not require drying or freezing time as it is made directly on the cake except in case of rose which is required to design first on stick and then directly placed on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%