Gumpast Animals Help!!!

Decorating By valluvscrafts Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 3:19am by SarahBeth3

valluvscrafts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valluvscrafts Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 4:55am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where I can buy jungle animals and or frogs & turtles. I'm doing a baby shower for my Daughter 1st Grand Baby and I can't make these animals spent all this money on books and just can't do it. I searched the web as well as ebay and can not find anything I can order and buy! Did find UK but won't ship to the US. Please help!!!! Thanks Val

6 replies
bananabread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bananabread Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 5:31am
post #2 of 7

why don't you check a the dollar stores?

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 5:48am
post #3 of 7

Yes, Dollar Tree is great for this. Also maybe Oriental Trading Company would have something you could use. If you are wanting them to look very real, check out a science store for kids, like at a science museum or a zoo's gift shop. Hope you find exactly what you need!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 7

If you are interested in making them, you really don't have to spend a lot on books. Search the internet for clay how to's on them. A lot of the time you can use those directions with fondant/gumpaste.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 7

Michaels sells theme molds made by "Sculpy" for about $5.00. It has like 5 or six different shapes per mold. Look in the polymer clay aisle.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 7

Sculpy molds are not meant to be used with food items. I know people do it all the time, but on a cake for a young child, I would probably avoid it, unless they were all pulled off before the cake was served.

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 3:19am
post #7 of 7

valluvscrafts, were you able to find what you were looking for?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%