Pa Licensure

Business By JillyPlot Updated 24 Jul 2011 , 2:01am by Kitagrl

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 5

I knew I saw on here a while ago that in PA you can have a home kitchen, but you cannot have animals in the kitchen. I was concerned because I have a turtle who lives in a tank in my kitchen. Well, I just lost my full time job, so I decided to look more into whether or not I would be able to get licensed with the turtle, and it turns out that having an animal in a tank is fine! I'm so excited. I hope to feel comfortable enough and ready enough to start a business by early next year. I definitely need more experience and practice, but I know I will do this soon.
Just needed to share my excitement!

4 replies
Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 5

Good luck to you icon_smile.gif . I am going to pursue my kitchen licensure in September. It's time because word of mouth about what I do is spreading like wildfire. Like you, I don't work outside the home so I finally get to do what I should have been doing since I graduated high school.

I am in a conundrum because I have a miniature Yorkie. I have a few things to figure out because I am not getting rid of him.

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 5

Good luck with your venture as well! Hope you are able to figure something out with your Yorkie. Maybe doors or something?

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 1:31am
post #4 of 5

Thank you! Getting doors sounds like a good idea. I was also thinking about putting him in one of the bedrooms while I bake and decorate.

He is so small (he is only 4lbs, is about 6 inches tall, and he is full grown) that he doesn't get in the way but I fully understand and agree with why animals, especially dogs and cats aren't allowed in the work area.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 2:01am
post #5 of 5

In PA, dogs and cats are not allowed in the house at all. You can only have outdoor animals...or those, obviously per this thread, confined to a tank.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%