Commercial Kitchens In South Jersey Area

Business By Melcupcake Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 12:09am by Melcupcake

Melcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melcupcake Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I'm looking to rent a commercial kitchen for my cupcake business. I would like to find one in the South Jersey area...Sewell, Mantua, Pitman or in the Gloucester County region. If anyone knows of anything I would really appreciate the help! Thanks

6 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 7

If you're willing to go to Philly here's one option:
http://www.phillykitchenshare.com/

Melcupcake Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:09am
post #3 of 7

Thank you Jason for your time and your help!

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 7

Mel: there's a Rutgers Cooperative Test kitchen in the Bridgeton area for homebased businesses to use. it rents somewhere around $85/hr. You need to present a business plan, etc. I had thought about trying it, but you know with cake decorating, it's not done in one afternoon, it wouldn't be profitable to me. I am in Pitman by the way. Also, GCIT has great facilities and classes. I wonder if they can be rented. get in touch if I can be of any help

[email protected]

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 7

one other option, ask a place, like Pal Joey's, if you could use their kitchen when they're not. It would probably involve middle of the night baking, but...
when my sister had a soup business, they used an area pizza parlor from 3 am to 6 am

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 9:26pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiesmom

Mel: there's a Rutgers Cooperative Test kitchen in the Bridgeton area for homebased businesses to use. it rents somewhere around $85/hr.

I assume you mean $85/day?

Melcupcake Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 12:09am
post #7 of 7

Hi Alfiesmom! Thank you so much for the help!!! I will definately look into them! And it's always nice to meet fellow local bakers icon_smile.gif I am located in Sewell.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%