I Finally Have A Logo!!!

Business By lissyUK Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 5:01pm by lissyUK

lissyUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissyUK Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 9:14am
post #1 of 13

I'm really excited, so hope you don't mind me sharing. I have finally got a logo for my business which means i will soon have a proper website!!!

I started my business over a year ago, but had to put things on hold when i fell pregnant. Now my son is 4 months old I'm ready to start building things up properly (albeit slowly)!

My darling little sister has knocked me up a logo as a starting point for my web designer (who's working in exchange for cake!)
Don't you just love bartering!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/CakeBoutiqueUUUUUUUUUUUUK

Would love your thoughts and comments.

12 replies
Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:36am
post #2 of 13

My honest opinion?

I think it's a beautiful, elegant logo.

BUT

I don't care for the eye-piercing pink! A softer, perhaps even dusky pink might be nice?

I wish your new business every success. icon_biggrin.gif

Suzanne x

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:41am
post #3 of 13

I like it, and i love the colour too - it says "sweet, sugary, come take a bite" to me icon_smile.gif

lissyUK Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:46am
post #4 of 13

oh thats really interesting!!! On my screen its pale pink! Will have a chat with web man to see what I can do about make it less flouro!!

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 13

It is VERY pretty but, I also see that eye piercing pink. Definitely go a bit softer of a pink.

sherry_lyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry_lyn Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:01pm
post #6 of 13

it's a very nice pink on my screen too... looks great!!

bunny520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunny520 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 13

i see a soft pink. its really cute! i like the subtle stripes and the little cake on top! thumbs_up.gif

Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 13

Pft, don't listen to anyone who doesn't like your pink. Trend/Marketing wise that sweet pink color is very appealing to the bakery consumer. What I also like about it, is that you A) used an actually fairly neutral pink, B) you used very classic shapes: Circles & Stripes, which never go out of style. I see a lot of people jumping on the hot pink, teal, zebra print band wagon these days and that is hot NOW, but that isn't going to be hot over the long haul, and you want a timeless branding that people are going to recognize as long as you're in business and beyond. icon_smile.gif Awesome job and congratulations! icon_smile.gif

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:54pm
post #9 of 13

I see a nice sweet pink too when I look at it. I love the logo. It's perfect!

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:04pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeuhlicious

Pft, don't listen to anyone who doesn't like your pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissyUK

Would love your thoughts and comments.

That's the only reason I commented!

It's apparent that different people are viewing a different pink. Whether that's due to different browsers or whatever, I don't know. But the colour I see is neon which I just didn't think was in keeping with the very elegant design of the logo.

As I said, I only commented because the original poster asked.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:07pm
post #11 of 13

Love it! Simple, cute...but not too cutesy...and definitely not too pink. I only saw a soft pink! Perhaps others have their desktop screens colors calibrated too hot.

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 4:11pm
post #12 of 13

I also see a soft pink. I think it's a very nice and professional looking logo. I agree that the color differences are probably due to differences in the settings on people's computer screens.

lissyUK Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:01pm
post #13 of 13

i welcome all comments! And it's useful to know just how different it appears on differnt computers.

Was definitely going for a paler elegant pink.

Thanks for taking the time to look and feed back x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%