For You Cake Pop Makers-- A Great Deal At Michaels!

Sugar Work By cookieswithdots Updated 15 Aug 2011 , 5:49am by platinumlady

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 9

FYI- Michael's has some great coupons out there! I took the one for 50% off last night and got the Wilton Melting Pot half off. It was for any baking product!

Happy Me!
Melissa

8 replies
goingplaces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goingplaces Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:44am
post #2 of 9

How do you like your melting pot? I plan to buy one this week. I make a lot of cake pops and I'm hoping it will make it easier.

Monirr04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monirr04 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:51am
post #3 of 9

I bought one months ago and wish I could take it back. It winds up burning the chocolate and being more of a pain than helpful. Spent more time trying to keep everything from burning and wasted more product having to throw out burnt chocolate. Hope you have a better experience.

goingplaces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goingplaces Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 3:58am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply, maybe I should think twice about the purchase. There is nothing I hate more then wasting money on products that don't work.

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 4:15am
post #5 of 9

I got a melting pot about a month ago. I used it one time & took it back! It never melted the chocolate. I tried chips of chocolate & I tried candy melts (not wilton another brand) I ended up using the microwave. I took it right back the next morning. So not worth the time or money

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 4:20am
post #6 of 9

oh my...I just wanted to buy one of the pots today I just had it in my hands...thanks!!! Mel where did you get the 50% coupon? I haven't seen a 50%coupon for few weeks.

frogprincess2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogprincess2 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 4:35am
post #7 of 9

I use a small crockpot for melting chocolate for cake pops. Works perfectly.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 5:17am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed

oh my...I just wanted to buy one of the pots today I just had it in my hands...thanks!!! Mel where did you get the 50% coupon? I haven't seen a 50%coupon for few weeks.

Hi, this post is from July of 2011 but Michaels have 50% coupon around holidays. good luck icon_smile.gif

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 5:49am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogprincess2

I use a small crockpot for melting chocolate for cake pops. Works perfectly.

Never thought about a crockpot thumbs_up.gif If you don't mind what brand is a good one to buy?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%