Tangled/rapunzel & Tinkerbell Cake

Decorating By brensmom12 Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 12:50pm by cakesplat

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter will be turning 4 in a few months and I need to start generating some ideas. She has requested a Tinkerbell & Tangled/Rapunzel cake and I have been looking around for some ways to incorporate both ideas. Any thoughts? TIA!

4 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 5

I also have a 4 yr old girl... they are starting to be able to rationalize a bit more now, so maybe you could convince her to do 2 cakes or cupcakes and a cake with each theme. That's what I do - one for daycare (or the REAL birthday) and one for the party.
But if not..I don't know your skill level or whether you are good at figurines, but I would do a tower and have Rapunzul's hair coming down out of it. Then maybe have Tinkerbell hovering above on wire or just sitting on top of the tower?
Good luck and please post pics of final product - would luv to see it!

Transformergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Transformergirl Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 1:00am
post #3 of 5

Well, if you want to go with Decopac cake kits you could do a green cake with flowers and that could neatly tie in both Tangled and Tinkerbell.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 1:28am
post #4 of 5

I did a Tangled cake about three weeks ago. I used the princesses hair to spell out the girls names. I can easily see that you move the words down lower on the cake then make a little Tink just above the Happy Birthday and have her hitting it with her wand.

mommachris

cakesplat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesplat Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 5

i did a tangled cake for my daughter in may, it was a round cake base with a rice krispy tower and on the other side i make a waterfall with cake and fondant, i didnt make rupunzel herself since i havent got making people yet( they look like monkeys still ) but i braided yellow fondant and draped it down the tower and around the base of the cake as a border.
i also made another cake for a friend's daughter in the tangled theme, it was two tiered cake that i made into rupunzel's dress. i also made a gumpaste golden flower for onto of the cake, i wish i had pictures online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%