Cooking Spray...

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 7:34pm by yummy_in_my_tummy

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 8

So I have used Baker's Joy Non-stick spray (And the like) Forever... and honestly I hate the stuff... it works... but i go into a coughing fit every time i spray...

have you/ do you ever use regular non stick sprays like Conola oil/ PAM?

Thanks!

7 replies
elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 8

I only use regular cooking spray. I NEVER flour my pans. I do usually put a circle (or square, etc depending on pan shape) of waxed paper in the bottom of each pan and spray that too. No sticking problems.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 8

I use pam all the time it's works great

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 8

I use paper in the botom of mine too, and regular spray on the sides. Never any issues.

Karen

brown_suga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brown_suga Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 8

I no longer use the sprays but I used to use Pam without an issue. I ran out one day of Pam and parchment so I made my own cake release with equal parts oil, flour, and shortening. Ever since making my own i've never felt the need to purchase again, because it works every time!

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 8

Awesome, Yeah i use the parchment/ wax paper methode too.. just used the "flour spray" out of triditional habit... but its pricey and like i said makes me gag!

found a "Pam" equivilant at sams for way cheaper! ...id make my own but the ease of the spray is cost effective in my time and such! icon_wink.gif

Thanks guys!!!

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 8

I actually use Wilton's cake release product (you brush it around the pan). I haven't had to use parchment paper since and I find the cake doesn't come out as crusty, greasy or browned as with sprays. It works really well!

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 7:34pm
post #8 of 8

I've got a better one for you and its cheap!! 1 part shortening, 1 part flour and 1 part canola oil. Mix it until there's no lumps and keep it in a covered container. It's amazing. I've never had any problems with it. I just run a knife around the inside of the pan once my cakes are done, and they pop right out. I will never buy any commercial non-stick stuff again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%