Small Town Anywhere..where Would You Move?

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 7:19pm by KathyB101

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 11

So hubby and I have been thinking that when our kids are old enough and grown and gone off to college or university we want to get the hell out of the big city.This will be in about 10 years....

So we are thinking of a small quaint town..not too small but not large...You see all these fabulous towns on food network with great little shops,victorian homes etc.

So where would you move to if money was no object?? Why?

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

10 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 11

If money were no object, I'd do the opposite of what you're doing. I'd move to a big city. San Francisco would be my first choice with Chicago a close 2nd. Oh, or Santa Fe. Maybe even back to Boston. I currently live in a city that's big geographically and popluation-wise but just doesn't have that urban edginess that I miss about living back east. My favorite vacations aren't beaches, they're exploring cities. icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 11

We went on a vacation to Mendocino (on the northern California coast 3 hours north of SF) last year and it was beautiful. My wife and I still prefer a more urban environment for living, but it would be perfect for someone who likes the small-town experience.

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 11

Well if I wanted to stay in my own state, close to all of our families Id move to Bois D Arc, Mo. Literally nothing but fields, cows and farms. I love it out there. We own rental properties there but havent found a place of our own yet.

If I wanted to move out of the state dh and I both agreed wed love to move to Alabama. We drove through there when we went to Disney World and it has to be the most beautiful state Ive ever seen. It was so green and gorgeous, and all those rolling hills. I probably looked like an idiot with my face pressed against the window glass just drinking it all in.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:06am
post #5 of 11

I'ved lived in NYC, Los Angeles and now San Francisco. If money was no object, I'd move to Bozeman, MT or Charleston, SC.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 7:23pm
post #6 of 11

Natchitoches, LA or other small south LA towns, the food is amazing and the culture a world all it's own.

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 3:46pm
post #7 of 11

Born and raised in the heart of NYC. Left when I was 30 to try out South Florida. Now I live in a suburb of Indianapolis. I would love to move somewhere like Montana. Decent piece of land, lots of nature, and no neighbors on top of one another. Love my neighbors but I would like more space. Also fell in love with TN when we drove through the Smoky Mountains!

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 7:06pm
post #8 of 11

I am so city, so I don't know if I could do it, BUT I have thought of MT. Something real free feeling, ya know.

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:40am
post #9 of 11

Just yesterday I went to Chincoteague, VA. It was a quaint sea town with a tourist population but also very neat little stores and "shoppes." I was thinking retirement there wouldn't be so bad!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:24am
post #10 of 11

My husband and I are moving when my daughter goes to college in two years. We have picked outside Charleston, SC on the water, closer to the coast. We own two homes now and one is on the water in MD (weekends). When we consolidate, we want a bigger city nearby like we have with Annapolis, with lots of things to do and great restaurants, but we want the water and the quieter life too. I'm originally from the south, so I'll be going home. My adult children will be moving too. We picked a place where everyone will be together again in about seven years. My daughter is considering Univ. of SC for their pre-vet program because she doesn't want to be too far away. My oldest daughter's husband will be out of the military in seven years and they like the area. My middle daughter is in college and beauty school, so she is mobile. This city is close to many other interesting southern and coastal cities.

By the way, Annapolis, MD and the surrounding area is a wonderful place to live. Just outside the city are some great small areas. We have enjoyed the area for years and just want a change.

KathyB101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyB101 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 7:19pm
post #11 of 11

Hello, I live in a small town Bishop.CA. I am about an hour or so south of Mammoth,CA. It is beautiful here I must say not at all like where I grew up. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles so. of Bishop. Being here I've seen more of the season's snow,fall,etc. what I hate about it is you are limited to shopping..NO Mall's, no stores. If you need to buy something you do UPS for a order. We have a Von's,Kmart,Manor Market. It is hard to find things. Another thing is it is very expensive..to live here. We are called a Tourist Town, so prices are more. It takes some getting used to living here. I do take trips and go down South, to see friends and Shop, I find my shopping less expensive. I have friends here who go to Reno,NV to shop or LA because it is cheaper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%