Using Fresh Strawberries And Cream For A Filling...?

Baking By lealea2011 Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 3:18pm by natasa79

lealea2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lealea2011 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 9:04am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I have been asked to make a 21st birthday party with strawberry and vanilla flavours... Can I use fresh strawberries and whipped cream as a filling? Do the strawberries go yucky and soggy quickly? I read one recipe where it included gelatin on the strawberries...Would this be the way to go???
The cake will only be covered in buttercream, not fondant, so I will be able to store it in the fridge...

4 replies
BabyGSR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyGSR Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 5

You can use strawberry glazed from the store and throw in those strawberrys. It will taste really good.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, i use the recipe using the gelatin . It makes it really stable. I chop up fresh strawberries in it also. I use this recipe alot. Of course i am using whipping cream in this recipe. Everyone always loves it. hth

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 5

I have layered fresh strawberries in many cakes. I never used a gelatin I layered them in with buttercream, and stored in the fridge. Strawberries were fine because air did not get to them they were I guess you could say sealed. I made my layers the night before and never had a problem with them being soggy. Hope this helps.

natasa79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natasa79 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 5

Where I come form we always make cakes with fruit and whipped cream, no gelatin. Don't worry it will be ok.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%