Strawberry Cake Question

Decorating By Kread Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 11:19pm by Kread

Kread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kread Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

i have a good recipe for strawberry cake, and it goes great with cream cheese frosting. My question is, would it be good with chocolate ganache? The cake is light, but ganache is dense...sounds good in theory, just wondering if anyone has tried it. I'm not a very creative bakericon_smile.gif. Thanks!

4 replies
instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #2 of 5

My opinion is strawberry + chocolate = OHMAHGAHYUM! Just my thought on the matter. Heehee

gatorcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorcake Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 1:58am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kread

i have a good recipe for strawberry cake, and it goes great with cream cheese frosting. My question is, would it be good with chocolate ganache? The cake is light, but ganache is dense...sounds good in theory, just wondering if anyone has tried it. I'm not a very creative bakericon_smile.gif. Thanks!

Depends on the intensity of the strawberry flavor. Made a strawberry cake once using strawberry puree and it had a nice strawberry flavor--but the flavor was mild and would have been overwhelmed by a chocolate ganache. Chocolate covered strawberries are a nice combo the question is can your recipe stand up to the flavor of a chocolate ganache---especially if it is a dark chocolate ganache.

cakesbyM.E. Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyM.E. Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kread

Not sure but you may be able to do it with a white chocolate ganache and add a flavored oil to it. There are a lot of flavored oils for chocolate and they have cheese cake flavor. You can find them in a cake supply store. I have never tried it but have been wanting to.

Here is a link on youtube on how to make white chocolate ganache

Kread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kread Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks. I'll try to intensify the strawberry flavor.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%