First Wedding Cake Need All Your Help!!!! Asap Kind Of Long

Decorating By katboss Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 11:33pm by ShandraB

katboss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katboss Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 1:45pm
post #31 of 39

Thank you for all the advice!!! Sorry about not responding about payment I can't charge for cakes yet. She has paid for all the supplies and will pay for any additional things should I need them. I am doing this because she was in a real bind and I can add this cake to my album.
Thanks for the stacking advice, running out soon, will the plates work with a hexagon cake???

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 2:13pm
post #32 of 39

They do make hexagonal plates that are perfect for hexagonal cakes.

If you're unable to find them, I would recommend the round closest to width (from point to point) of the tier's size, from point to point. That will leave a smidge of room on the straightaways.

If wanting to hide the plate (and the tier will have small-no bottom borders), get rounds closest to the width from straight side to straight side) make sure you use a sturdy (foam core board, possibly doubled up, depending on your cake, secured together, cut to the same size as your tier...you will also use a cake board so your cake doesn't come in contact with the foam core board) base for the tier so that the areas (the points) that extend over the side of the plate don't droop and possibly fall off.

katboss Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:11pm
post #33 of 39

delivery is today at 2:30!! wish me luck!!! and thank you all again for the advice!! Kat

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:21pm
post #34 of 39

Oh good for you! How did it come out?

Aren't you loving this heat we're having here in the Northeast? At least it's not supposed to hit 100 today, but yesterday was a brutal 102!!!!

Good luck!

katboss Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 9:12pm
post #35 of 39

I think it came out pretty good, the reception hall was not air coniditioned so hopefully everything holds together!! The bride ended up giving me the pans that She bought and a gift card for $275, as a "present" for helping her out on such short notice. (although i would have been happy with just the pans icon_smile.gif
Here is a pic if you want to take a look
http://cakecentral.com//gallery/2105800

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 10:57pm
post #36 of 39

It turned out great!

Geez! I don't know what I thought I read (maybe mixed up thread details with another?)...I was thinking you were separating them with pillars (a reread clarified everything though).

Did you airbrush it to give it the antique look it has?

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 11:13pm
post #37 of 39

I agree it turned out great. You should be very proud of yourself for helping out this bride on such short notice...and she obviously appreciated all of your hard work too!

katboss Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 11:23pm
post #38 of 39

Thanks soo much! all4cake I brushed some lustre dust on it.

ShandraB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandraB Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 11:33pm
post #39 of 39

Great job. I'm so glad this worked out for you and that the bride was so appreciative. (They aren't always!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%