Can I Do This - Wedding Cake

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 5:50pm by angelcakes5

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 5

I was asked to make a hunting theme wedding cake for a 2nd marriage. She actually wants just a large layered sheet cake. The groom wants the design as a tree sticking out of the cake with the groom hanging form it upside down. Then the bride with a gun next to the tree. She wants tree camo on the cake somewhere. Has anyone made a tree before? also anyone know where I can get tree camo frosting sheets?

Thanks for the help!

4 replies
SugarBoss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBoss Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 5

Hi there! Yes you should be able to! Use ricecrispies to make the tree then cover with fondant, fondant to make the bride & groom... Make im hanging from his legs (like bent at the knees... And I would use Airbrush for the camo on the tree. If you don't have an airbrush machine, you can always handpaint (which should be fun) =) Hope this helps!

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 5

If you're doing fondant here's a great camo tutorial...
http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/search?q=camo+hat

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 5

she was meaning the camo pattern that hunters use. the pattern is trees so that when your out hunting you blend in with the trees and brush around you.... the best thing I can suggest is find an upclose picture of the tree camo and then find a store like walmart or similar to print out the image for you on their edible image machine.... HTH

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much. I think I may try this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%