I Use To Be Able To Make Mmf

Baking By summersusu Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 9:41pm by dcushaney

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 6

I use to be able to make MMF but the last two times it has been bad. The last time I had little white pockets of powdered sugar? Then, this time it looks dry but I actually think it had too much water in it? Do you think if I let it sit out some of the water will evaporate? It was looking smooth but then I added a little water because I thought it might need a little more and now it has a lot of holes all in it..any suggestions?

5 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 6

Have you changed any of your ingredients like the brand of powdered sugar?
The pockets of white sugar may mean you need to sift it first. I found that when I purchase boxed PS instead of the kind in the plastic package...even if it's the same brand, the boxes tend to have more lumps and need to be sifted.
Don't have a clue about the other situations you're having. Good luck!

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 6

Don't add more water, try adding more glycerine.

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 6

I haven't changed any thing I put in it...and I don't use glycerin? So I don't know what's going on. I guess this time is is too much water but I don't know what is going on with the clumps of PS.

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 6

Oh, I've never seen a recipe without glycerine. Did you sift your sugar first? I never do, but I'm not familiar wih your recipe, so that may help. Also, I still say try to add glycerine. It helps with dryness.

dcushaney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcushaney Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 6

I say add some shortening and knead the heck out of it!

PP* she is making a marshmallow fondant not regular where the recipe includes glycerin & glucose

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%