Edible Diamond And Pansies

Decorating By AmysEdibleArt Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 3:03am by ctackett

AmysEdibleArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysEdibleArt Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 12:39am
post #1 of 12

Hi.. I am very new to the cake baking scene and need help. I am looking to make a cake with three diff size pansies scattered about it with diamonds in the centers. HELP - I can't find a set with three sizes and diamonds are pricey.. Any advice appreciated

11 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 12:50am
post #2 of 12

I don't know about the pansy cutters, but you can make your own diamonds with a silicon mold (you can get them online) and a kind of sugar called isomalt. You can find instructions by googling something like "isomalt gems".

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 1:22am
post #3 of 12

I made pansies with buttercream using the the 104 rose tip

AmysEdibleArt Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 3:13am
post #4 of 12

Any idea where to get a mold from and is it worth it??? I thought of piping pansies but was't sure if using a mold or cutter would be the easiest. The flowers will be solid in color with centers painted and then diamond.

AmysEdibleArt Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 10:05am
post #5 of 12

I looked at the attached post..AWESOME!!! I guess I just need to figure out how to get that diamond color look (silver) ???? Ideas

Marianna46 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 12

Where is there an attached post? I don't see one in this thread and I'd really like to, because I'm interested in this, too. I just remembered that pansies were very easy to pipe in buttercream when I read ctackett's post. In the Wilton course, they were one of the easiest ones to do and they always looked good - not true of a lot of my other flowers. I'm a big fan of molds, but you have to find them first and chances are they will be pretty pricey. Only you can decide if ithey're worth it, and they might be if you think you'll be using them again.

ctackett Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 12

You might look on You Tube that's where I get a lot of my tips and hints. i would just and shape them from fondant colored yellow and purple. Who needs molds use your imagination!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Marianna46 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 3:20pm
post #8 of 12

I like you philosophy, ctackett!

Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 12

hey Marianna I see you are from Cancun!! Been there!! Loved it!!

Marianna46 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 12:13am
post #11 of 12

Glad to hear it, ctackett! If you come back, look me up! We can decorate a beach cake after we get inspiration from the real thing!

ctackett Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 3:03am
post #12 of 12

Luv that idea !! Will do!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%