This Could Possible Be The Silliest Question Ever

Decorating By funtodecorate2 Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 9:06pm by funtodecorate2

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 8

HI, I made my first bride doll cake . Will get in my photos later today. It was for my daughter's bridal shower yesterday. Everyone loved it and said why don't you put it in the freezer and save it for the wedding to use as a decoration on one of the tables or something. I have to say that I'm so pleased with how it turned out for my first time that I find it very hard to even want to cut into. So heres the funny question. Would anyone even think about freezing it? It still has the doll intact ! LOL Of course the entire thing would go in the freezer. Is that weird, silly or what? icon_surprised.gif
thanks,

7 replies
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 8

Oh, not to sure about that. I don't think I like the idea of possible contamination from the doll leeching (Sp?) into the cake. There might be some vinyl residue/toxin/bacteria on the doll. I don't believe I would want to. I personally would just make another one. It's always better to be more safe then sorry. But that's just me.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 8

I would take the doll out. freeze it. put doll back in when you need it. i always wrap my doll legs in saran wrap before inserting into cake. hth

sharon24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon24 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 8

It's a cake -eat it!

Then you get to make another one. win win all round.

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 8

If you are ONLY going to use it as a decoration, as you stated, then what would it hurt to freeze it as is? If no one is going to actually eat the cake, contamination, if there would be any, shouldn't be an issue.

peetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peetz Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 8

I agree EAT it. it's cake you make another for the wedding.

funtodecorate2 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 9:02pm
post #7 of 8

So I took out the doll. No legs just the post. Didnt ruin anything but the bow came off. easy fix. I wrapped up the cake (with fondant) and stuck in freezer. No plastic anywhere. lightly wrapped up the doll so it could breathe with the fondant bodice . So techincally this cake could still be eaten at the wedding if wanted? Right? Does fondant freeze well?
Should I wrap up the post before sticking it into the cake for the second time at the wedding? I will not have time to make another cake. I'm one of those Mom's who does everything icon_surprised.gif food, flowers, hair,cake etc... always take on too much , but loves it.
thanks for replies

funtodecorate2 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 8

oh ya, got my photo in my small photo album icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%