Pipeable Cream Cheese Frosting

Baking By itssoyou Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 12:25pm by roxygoar

itssoyou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itssoyou Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 8

I need a recipe for a Cream Cheese frosting that I can pipe. It is for my daughters wedding. Help Please!!

7 replies
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 12:46am
post #2 of 8

I just tried a recipe for a cream cheese decorator frosting someone posted and I did not have very good luck with it and I've been doing cakes over 30 years...so I had to start over...what I did was I used a wonderful cream cheese filling and used my tried and true decorator butter cream for the outside...especially in the hot weather...just a thought for you, being your daughters wedding cake you don't need the extra stress!

Good luck!! post the cake after the wedding!

JSKConfections Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 12:49am
post #3 of 8

Oh, I forgot to say what my trouble was...it was way too soft, it did end up crusting as promised, but even putting my piping bag in the frig every 5 minutes the piping would melt together and not keep its shape so it looked sloppy! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

JSKConfections Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 2:15am
post #4 of 8

Oh, I forgot to say what my trouble was...it was way too soft, it did end up crusting as promised, but even putting my piping bag in the frig every 5 minutes the piping would melt together and not keep its shape so it looked sloppy! Good luck! icon_smile.gif

itssoyou Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 2:51am
post #5 of 8

And I guess I should have said it was for cupcakes! She wants red velvet and carrot cake cupcakes. And both of those need cream cheese frosting!! So I needed some ideas on how to make it pipeable!!

JSKConfections Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 8

For cupcakes I use 2 bricks cream cheese, 1/2 cup crisco, 1 stick butter and 4 cups of powdered sugar, a tsp vanilla. This works well for me...just keep them cool so they don't melt. I pipe cupcakes with this all the time.

itssoyou Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #7 of 8

Thank you I will give that a try, thank you

roxygoar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxygoar Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 12:25pm
post #8 of 8

did you end up trying it out and how was it...i'm having the same problem!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%