Edible Transfer Images - I Need Help Please

Decorating By Tfaye Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 9:29pm by Nazarine

Tfaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tfaye Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 6

I'm wanting to make a cake that has CD's on it. I was thinking about using that edible transfer stuff to put on the CD's. I can't think of the name of it though, and secondly can I do it at home?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Basically I would like to take the cover of my husband's favorite CD and transfer that image onto some fondant. I will then take that fondant and put it on the cake I'm going to bake.

Thanks for any advise.

5 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 6

If you are talking about an edible image that is printed on you could take and make a copy of the CD you want and take it to the local supermarket and see if they will print it for you in their bakery department. I know around here the local Kroger will do it for $5 a page so I usually put more than one item on there I want to use. Good luck

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 1:16am
post #3 of 6

Walmart will also do this!

ChubbyCheeksSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChubbyCheeksSweets Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 6

I use buttercream transfers and love them! I like working with the buttercream more than fondant right now. i have heard people having great experiences with both ways though, all depends on your preference.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 6

Will Walmart do copyrighted images like Thomas or Barbie?

Nazarine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nazarine Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

I have heard of people getting them. But when I went, she told me they couldn't do copyrighted images. I suppose it's a matter of who's working the bakery on that day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%