Butter Cream Frosting

Baking By SPODN Updated 16 Jul 2011 , 12:05am by SPODN

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 3

I love this site, I sure hope someday I will have enough knowledge to help others but for now it seems all I have are questions.
I made a batch of butter cream frosting this AM and it was a little soft, assuming that was because of the heat and whipping so long I put it in the fridge. I took it out a little while ago and thought it needed to be whipped up a little again. So I proceeded to beat it. It got grainy and I thought i'd lost it but I remember reading someones advise about not getting impatient so I let it beat more. It came back to the original consistancy but now I'm afraid that when I use it and refrigerate the cake it will loose something. Any thoughts on that? Also now it is a little soft for piping what can I do to stiffen it up for piping without adding more sugar which will just make it toooooo sweet.

2 replies
AliBakes6167 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AliBakes6167 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 3

With my experiences, once you have your butter cream the right consistency, fridging it has been ok, although there's no reason to fridge it, it will last a few days covered at room temp. As for trying to get it to thicken, if you don't want to add any sugar, try adding more butter or shortening & whip really really well so it all blends together nicely............that should help, otherwise you may need to start over & add less liquid next time.

SPODN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPODN Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 12:05am
post #3 of 3

Thanks I think I'll try adding some shortening. Its pretty sweet already

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%