Walmart Cake

Decorating By 2txmedics Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 8:59pm by cakestyles

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 4:17am
post #1 of 8

Anyone seen the new display Walmart 2 tier Zebra cake? OMG!!! My daughter and I saw it from a distance and said oh thats pretty! lets go look at it...

We got up on it and FORGET IT! It was UGLY!!! sloppy work...and the BC was iced outlined in a wave and filled in with black to be the zebra stripe. I cant believe they put that on display.

I thought maybe my cakes arent too bad! lol!!!

AND I WAS LOOKING FOR IT ONLINE TO POST IT HERE, DIDNT FIND IT BUT FOUND THIS AND HAD TO LAUGH, I WOULD HAVE BEEN MAD!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikki_c/1897105425/

7 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:31am
post #2 of 8

Oh, my! Cake Wrecks could live on WalMart alone!

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 8

Abernacle! *snicker*

Torimomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torimomma Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 8

"Abernacle"! Hilarious. That employee had absolutely no idea...

heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 8

LOL @ "Abernacle!"

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 8

I hope she took that photo at the store where she LEFT the cake.

( I will say, I used to get annoyed when an order would get taken by someone who wasn't familiar with anything to do with cake decorating that involved a customer trying to incorporate the wordiness of a freakin' greeting card onto the top of a half sheet along with the design. "I want this floral cake design and I want this put on it. I've seen waaaay too many orders like that in the OP's link along with the inclusion of half the congregation...and it was usually the female church members that wanted their name included. Not everyone gets the cleverness of another's artwork).

I feel badly for those working at places like walmart...especially since some got a job there to get better.

I did giggle when I seen the cake at the OP's link but, I was giggling more for what the customer was expecting not at what the decorator did. Everything I asked for, done perfectly, at a discount price. Now, this woman can make a spectacle of a decorator at walmart.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

Anyone seen the new display Walmart 2 tier Zebra cake? OMG!!! My daughter and I saw it from a distance and said oh thats pretty! lets go look at it...

We got up on it and FORGET IT! It was UGLY!!! sloppy work...and the BC was iced outlined in a wave and filled in with black to be the zebra stripe. I cant believe they put that on display.

I thought maybe my cakes arent too bad! lol!!!

AND I WAS LOOKING FOR IT ONLINE TO POST IT HERE, DIDNT FIND IT BUT FOUND THIS AND HAD TO LAUGH, I WOULD HAVE BEEN MAD!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikki_c/1897105425/

What was the price....I was in wal-mart a couple days ago and saw their wedding cake display....a 10-8-6 with the messiest looking icing and piping I've seen in a long time....and the price was $138!

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 8:59pm
post #8 of 8

I didn't think Walmart put their cakes in cardboard boxes. Around here they come in those clear plastic topped display things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%