Flavor Suggestions For Nursing Home......

Baking By Cohaja12 Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 2:03pm by bobwonderbuns

Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make 50 cupcakes for a nursing home. No restrictions....I can make whatever I want to.

Any suggestions?

Was thinking half of the cupcakes vanilla and the other half chocolate. Or I can do 3 different flavors....1 with a fruit filling....or 4 different flavors cause I kinda want to do a reese cup "like" cupcake. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks!!

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:05am
post #2 of 5

I'd say the more varied, the merrier. It will brighten the day of some very deserving people, many of whom don't have a lot of brightness in their lives anymore.

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 5

I would just do vanilla and chocolate. I am an Activity Director (as my full time job) at an Assisted Living Facility and worked 4 years in a Nursing Home. The less options they have the better. When you are working with Nursing Home residents a lot of them have Dementia and it is difficult for them to make decisions.

MamaDear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaDear Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 5

I would go chocolate and vanilla with bc icing. Even though the Reeses Cup ones sound heavenly, some older folks have digestive issues if they get ahold of really rich desserts. No hard sprinkles either, it wreaks havoc if they bite down wrong or can't swallow it correctly because some of our older generation don't have the best teeth.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 5

Agreed, I used to work in a nursing home and they were always served food more on the bland side -- meaning no overly elaborate flavor combos, no heavy spices, etc. Stick with the basics, white cake, yellow cake, chocolate cake. You might throw in a lemon or strawberry cake but nothing more elaborate than that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%