Opinion: What Size Pans For 4 Tier Cake...

Decorating By KHMV Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 3:17pm by KHMV

KHMV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHMV Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 10:10am
post #1 of 3

I have read ALL (and I mean ALL) the "Wedding Cake Servings" charts, but I just can't decide. My friend wants me to do her cake...She got a very pricey quote from a bakery, and even though they are inviting 300 guests (and they know not everyone will be attending) the other baker quoted the price for a cake that serves 158, and listed the sizes as 7, 9, 11 and 13 WITH a 6" boxed anniversary cake that is NOT included in the 158 servings. I was thinking of doing 6, 10, 14 and 18...would serve closer to 260 NOT counting the top tier, which would be their anniversary cake. But as you can see, MY "idea" for tier sizes is VASTLY different that the other baker. Am I missing something? Please advise!!! THANK YOU!!!

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 3

Apparently the bakery believes that 50% of the guests will attend. How many does the bride expect will attend? Perhaps she can better give you a final count closer to the wedding, then you can come up with the sizes to meet the serving goal.

KHMV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHMV Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 3

The bride was very disappointed all around with the other bakery because she felt the woman was NOT listening to her. Thanks for your advice...she was wanting a quote and I didn't know what to tell her. She's my friend, so together we can be flexible about size and cost. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%