Cake In A Cone Help!

Baking By cloetzu Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 7:21pm by cloetzu

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 3

A while back I saw a bunch of 'cakes in a cone' - they looked great so i had to try them! They turned out great - ie the kids and parents loved them but I wasn't 100% happy. I didn't like that the cones had lost their crispness - they were fresh and crispy but after baking they tasted softer or stale - (if you know what I mean) - I'm assuming it was form the moisture in the cake batter.... Is there anyway to do this and keep the cones fresh and crisp?

2 replies
sharon24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon24 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 3

Instead of using cones to bake the cupcakes in, bake the cupcakes in the usual way and slot into the top of the cone when cold removing the paper case first. they may be top heavy so need some sweets in the bottom, or put two cakes in and layers of frosting.

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 3

thanks Sharon24! I like the idea of adding candy at the bottom! my only concern is that the kids that will be eating these are only 3 yrs old so worried that the 'top' will roll or fall off while they are eating... hmmmm but the cake layering version may work - it think it may stick together better...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%