Best Way To Transport Large Gumpaste Roses?

Decorating By dchinda Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 3:37am by Jeff_Arnett

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 5

What is the best way to transport large gumpaste roses to a wedding venue? I do not want to attach the roses to the cake until I am at the venue but I am afraid they will break in transit.

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 5

I usually bend the stems and then put the flowers on a bed of crumpled paper towels, inside a cardboard tray. I've also transported them with the wires stuck into styrofoam. Both methods work fine for me.

You should always make a couple of spare flowers to take along. I've never had any break, but I always take extras just in case.

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 2:13am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I usually bend the stems and then put the flowers on a bed of crumpled paper towels, inside a cardboard tray. I've also transported them with the wires stuck into styrofoam. Both methods work fine for me.

You should always make a couple of spare flowers to take along. I've never had any break, but I always take extras just in case.

Great, thank you for the quick reply.

heartsnsync Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartsnsync Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 2:18am
post #4 of 5

I line plastic shoe boxes with press-n-seal with the edges of the sticky side down to adhere and the rest of the sticky side up. I then create rings made out of press-n-seal and place these in the bottom of plastic boxes. I create the size of the ring dependent on the size of the rose. The roses do not slip at all and stay put yet remove very easily from the boxes.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 3:37am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchinda

What is the best way to transport large gumpaste roses to a wedding venue? I do not want to attach the roses to the cake until I am at the venue but I am afraid they will break in transit.

I store my roses in plastic storage boxes with shredded plastic "easter grass".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%