I Finally Finished The Nightmare Cake

Decorating By patjobes Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 9:48pm by The_Sugar_Fairy

patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 9

ok so it looks simple, that was the problem no where to hide the little errors and being from uk it is all fruit and marzipan so it weighs a ton the bride is adamant that she is picking it up stacked not my problem ive rang her on many occasions telling her the problems but she insists, still its done picture does it no justice it is the hearts and sparkle wedding cake, ive never been so pleased to finish a cake in my life, i had nightmares over it. now i just hope the bride will be happy with it, ive sent her pic in an e mail and she said she loved it but i hope she still feels the same when she picks it up, my problem is ive no confidence in my own work, but as my hubby says it is her design and her wedding is he right, do you lot think its ok or could i do better

8 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 9

It is absolutely stunning! Great job

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 9

I do not believe that it could possibly be improved. You are soooooooo talented!

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 9

I love it!! What size are your tiers?

patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 9

my tiers were 12 inch 10 inch and 8 inch, but they turned out 14 inch 12 inch and 10 inch dont ask

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 9

I think it's absolutely beautiful! When does the bride pick it up?

awilder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awilder Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:13pm
post #7 of 9

I love it!! Best of luck to the bride wanting to transport this!!!!! You did a great job though! icon_smile.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:33pm
post #8 of 9

Absolutely beautiful! I wouldn't have done anything differently.

A word of advice though, on emailing pics of a finished cake in advance. In my experience you are just inviting responses like, "oh, I thought the hearts would be darker. Can you make them darker?" or "I'm not sure on the ribbon. Can you try it without and send me another pic?" People don't understand why a "tiny little change" on a completed cake can be an enormous task.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:48pm
post #9 of 9

artscallion: great advice about not e-mailing a picture. I never would've thought of that! You are so right, someone would definately want changes made without realizing what's involved. I'm going to be more careful not to post pictures until after the cake is gone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%