Combine A Western Theme With Newly Licensed Driver???

Decorating By ClancyJane Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 2:03am by JWinslow

ClancyJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClancyJane Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 5

I had a request for a cake that needs to combine both a western theme and a newly licensed driver. The cake recipient is a 16 yr old boy. I'm drawing a complete blank, so any and all ideas are very much appreciated! TIA!

4 replies
ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 5

You know the old horse drawn buggies....not necessarily the ones you think of ladies in nice dresses riding in, but more like the open ones for hauling stuff like on Little House on the Prairie? You could make one of those with the driver being the birthday boy in a western outfit and put a modern license plate on the back with his name. You could put things that represent his interests in the back of the wagon....sports equipment, tennis shoes, whatever.

Just the first thing that came to mind, but I'd love to see what other people think. good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

ramie7224 that was EXACTLY what I thought of! A horse drawn wagon, or a covered wagon from the old west with maybe a steering wheel and a license plate on it? Or you could do a car with him driving it dressed like a cowboy...Or maybe something to do with him lassoing (sp?) his drivers license or a car?

Good luck! Post a picture!
Chelsea

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:34am
post #4 of 5

Licensed to drive more than one Horse power on driving license

come up with a logo of a horse (similar to Ferrari) but add a cowboy riding it on it's back

How many servings do you need and also, are you also thinking of carving the cake?

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 2:03am
post #5 of 5

I don't know if this post will help or not but when I read your request I started to giggle. My strange imagination saw a 16yr old in cowboy gear riding a muscle car. Instead of a rope in his hand was a license - I'm sorry, I just had to share my weird thought. Please let us know what you come up with. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%