My Take On Italian Meringue Buttercream...first Try

Decorating By fairmaiden0101

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:28am
post #1 of 1

Ok I have read plenty on IMBC and decided I would give it a go. I made my strawberry lemonade cupcakes and strawberry IMBC and here is the results IMO. I tasted it before adding the strawberry puree and it is true that there is an overwhelming butter taste... not really a bad thing. It was velvety smooth on the palette, rich and creamy-like thick rich cream. I had to add twice as much puree as the recipe called for to get the tang of the the strawberry and not just taste the butter taste, however it did not effect the stablility of the icing. I iced my cupcakes and as it is 105 out today I left a couple out on the table to see how it would hold up in the heat, several hours later and they looked as good as when I first piped them! No melting at all.Now in my opinion IMBC is definitely an aquired taste but I just so happened to love it on this first try. My kids could tell that it was different but they said they loved it as well however my oldest daughter said it was too buttery for her. I think when I make this again I will use it as a vanilla or chocolate icing, anything but fruit as the butter and fruit taste, to me, was just a little odd. It seems like it is an icing better paired with a cake that is not "fruity" so to speak-but that is just me. I am so glad I gave it a try and am excited to try it again and to hear what you all think of it. Hope this helps someone out there who is thinking of trying it!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%