Tsa Vs The Rolling Pin

Decorating By sillywabbitz Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 1:31pm by dchockeyguy

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 5

I bought a nice big wooden rolling pin while visiting my sis in Phoenix. Packed it in my carry on not really thinking about it and needless to say TSA was unimpressedicon_smile.gif After they removed it from my bag, the TSA agent asked me what it was? I think that was the funniest part.

4 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 5

Oh - geeeeez LOL!! Did they allow you to carry it on?

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 5

I had a similar issue with a very large mortar and pestle. They were shrink wrapped together and couldn't be separated so they let me go, not sure if they would have otherwise.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:41pm
post #4 of 5

Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't get a notification that someone replied. To answer your question, nope...they did not let me on. I had to go back to the check in desk and check my bag. I don't mind really because I bet someone could do a decent amount of damage with this thingicon_smile.gif

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 5

It's funny what tips off TSA and what doesn't. It's also funny that the trains don't check at all. I just had to travel to NY from DC, so I took the train, since it's easier. I needed to take knives with me, so I packed them in my knife bag and just slung them over my back. No one even noticed or stopped me. At least I was well-protected if someone attacked me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%