..another "what Would You Charge For This??" Threa

Decorating By Pamcakes3 Updated 8 Jul 2011 , 9:25pm by jason_kraft

Pamcakes3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pamcakes3 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone! I recently got an order from a return customer who ordered cupcakes from me before. Now I'm doing cakes for her daughter's Baby Shower. 7 of them. She wan'ts 7 - 8" double layer cakes - 4 - Chocolate with Peanut Butter filling (am waiting to hear back if she wants PB Ganache or PB BC) and 3 - White with Raspberry filling. Buttercream icing with fondant circles for decoration. The BC will be 3 colors - White, Mint Green, and Brown as well as the Circle Decorations. I was thinking about $40-$50/Cake - what does everyone think?

Thanks!

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 3

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-694973-pricing.html icon_smile.gif
How much will the cakes cost you to make it.

At $40 a cake that is only 1.67 a serving. (8in cake has 24 1x2x4in servings.) $48 would be $2 a serving, but that's still very low especially if you are using ganache plus the fondant for decorations.

For me, I would do at least $3 a serving, which would be $72 a cake. So times that by 7 it would be $504 for the grand total of 168 servings.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 3

An 8" cake has about 15 party-size servings (1.5x2x4"). Our starting price for an 8" round double layer with BC only is $44 (about $3/serving). Fruit filling is $5 extra, and fondant circles would probably be $5-10 extra per cake.

Just add up your costs (ingredients, labor, and overhead) then add a 20-30% profit margin to arrive at a fair price for the cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%