Is It Just Me.....

Decorating By platinumlady Updated 8 Jul 2011 , 2:36pm by platinumlady

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 5:30am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone else still get nervous/excited when getting ready to make a cake or treat. Like the day before? It kinda reminds me of my track days that my adrenaline would be pumping so hard I had to take a quick nap while stretching to come my nerves.

I'm like the Pointer sisters ♫ ♪♪ I so excited ..& I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control & I think I like it ... Oh Yeah! ♫ ♪♪ icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:06am
post #2 of 9

haha i get that feeling after the baking and icing making is out of the way! i love the decorating part icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:08am
post #3 of 9

thumbs_up.gif - I love seeing my drawings turn into the real thing.

Then stepping back and saying Taaaaa Daaaaaaaaa - its done. icon_smile.gif

Loose the excitement of every creation and you might as well hang up your pinny (apron) icon_wink.gif

Blue.

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:18am
post #4 of 9

Whenever I do something I know I can't undo, then I get a bit nervous. Or before a big project when I'm asking myself "what have you gotten yourself into this time?" Of course by the end I'm usually very happy with the result so it's been happening less over time, but it's still there to some extent. Guess I just need more practice, right? icon_wink.gif

jenny

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:26am
post #5 of 9

i have another one...

is it just me, or do you feel like if you don't get a picture of the cake its like you never made it?

haha! of course you remember the late nights and stress, but if you didn't get a picture and the person didn't get a picture, it kind of feels like it never happened since there's no proof! at least thats how i feel lol icon_biggrin.gif that's the trouble with making 'disappearing' art- it only lasts a few days at most!

ufo9978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufo9978 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 7:17am
post #6 of 9

OMG I though I was the only one. I have crazy dreams a night before decorating and if I don't get a good pic I am sad.

suuz0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suuz0808 Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 9

I'm always very excited when making a wedding cake. I'm usually convinced at this tine that I totally suck and should look for a job as a desk clerk or something icon_smile.gif
It never went wrong though, just a little insecure icon_smile.gif

Junebugsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junebugsgirl Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 1:52pm
post #8 of 9

I am doing my first wedding cake this weekend for a friend, I swear I haven't slept in a week thinking about everything and trying to make sure that I have all my bases covered. Hopefully this kind of anxiety doesn't go with every cake from here on out or I am going to need to seek psychological help icon_lol.gif But, I am glad to know that I am not the only one! Last night I was even dreaming about how I was going to deconstruct my "masterpiece" and cut and serve it... I think I may need that psychological help sooner than I thought!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 2:36pm
post #9 of 9

I am so glad I'm not the only one. Of course once I get rolling I'm good! I love the seeing the cake turn from something you turn your head at & go :hurh: (trying to imitate scobbie)

cake_architect thank you for reminding me about the camera...cause I need to get batteries for mine. icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Baking Everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%