Liability Insurance

Business By kendraskitchen Updated 6 Jul 2011 , 3:43pm by Prill

kendraskitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraskitchen Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 2

Does anyone know of a company that sells liability insurance for a small business? I was part of a "group" policy last year through Cake 'n Crumbs but since they no longer offer this service, I am looking for an alternative. I do not sell food items, I just teach classes to customers so they can learn to make the treats themselves. The "group" rate was much less than the rate I was quoted to get it on my own. Any suggestions are welcome.

1 reply
Prill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prill Posted 6 Jul 2011 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 2

I am an insurance agent and a cake hobbiest. LOL.

Your best bet would be to go to an independent insurance agent that represents many insurance companies. They could quote different insurance carriers for you. There are a few national insurance carriers that offer small businessowners policies. They are Travelers Insurance, Hartford Insurance and Zurich.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%