Please Help Me Choose The Right Printer For Edible Images.

Decorating By dorothymarie Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 3:19pm by icingimages

LadyJay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyJay Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 8:22pm
post #31 of 38

Ok- so my canon is up and running and last night I printed my first edible image-- can anyone tell me why what should have printed red looks pink and what should have printed yellow looks purple-ish?? All the tanks are in the correct position (I am not THAT dumb!)... any ideas?? Is it a setting issue? I am running the printer with a macbook.
???

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 9:51pm
post #32 of 38

Hi! I believe you are using my brand. If that is the case, it sounds like you did. Not pull the tabb off the magenta. Take a look and let me know

LadyJay Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:41am
post #33 of 38

I am using your brand! I will take a look and let you know, thanks so much!

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:39am
post #34 of 38

I have a CanonIP4700. I bought it from Amazon.

Works great!

Here is a picture I did from the printer...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2104267

HTH

Michael

LadyJay Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 12:35pm
post #35 of 38

I checked the magenta and the tab is off.. any other suggestions??

heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:02pm
post #36 of 38

There are different print settings for photographs. Are you using those settings? They use more ink but give you a higher quality image.

LadyJay Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:21pm
post #37 of 38

do you know if you change the settings on the printer or on the computer?? I figured it might be that- but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get into those settings!!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:19pm
post #38 of 38

Under Printer properties, you see that screen when you go to print, or you can access it under the printers in your control panel. You want to change your paper type to "matte" leaving the paper quality to Standard. Then, go in to the maintenance section, under custom settings, change your paper abrasion to thick. See if that helps. But run a nozzle check, if your magenta is not coming through, than we need to go in a different direction. It may be better if you get to that point and the nozzle check is not showing the magenta, and you have changed your settings to give us a call at 540 - 869 5511

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%