Need Help With Chocolate Buttercream

Baking By NanaNori Updated 8 Jul 2011 , 6:18pm by NanaNori

NanaNori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaNori Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone! New to the site...YES addictive..have mercy! Anyways, I have some Blocks of Bittersweet chocolate...Want to make Chocolate Buttercreame Icing for 8in Round. I know how to make regular vanilla buttercreame, but need Help as to IF I can use the bittersweet chocolate...Can I melt it and put it in the frosting recipie? Thanks for the help...Making a Cake for my Airman Son who is home for a couple weeks.

4 replies
Cargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargal Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 2:36am
post #2 of 5

I made chocolate buttercream using bittersweet last week. Recipe called for unsweet, but only had bitter here. It was good, but awfully sweet. I'm sure unsweet would have toned that down a bit. Maybe adding more salt would help? I did nuke the chocolate and added it to a buttercream recipe. Welcome home to your son!

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 3:16am
post #3 of 5

I have used the bittersweet and was pleased with the results, but I also used coffee instead of water too.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 3:55am
post #4 of 5

In IMBC, SMBC, and FBC, melt it, let it come back close to room temp, and add as much as you like to the finished product.

NanaNori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaNori Posted 8 Jul 2011 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone...specially for the Welcome home!!! He leaves for Guam in a few weeks. I did melt the Chocolate (old fashioned double broiler method) and it WORKED GREAT... Next time might add more Chocolate tho...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%