Help With An Idea I Have For Mums Bday Cake

Decorating By Zuicidal_Zeth Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 12:07am by Zuicidal_Zeth

Zuicidal_Zeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zuicidal_Zeth Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 3

Hi again everyone, its my mums bday next month and i want to make something special for her, because she loves reading stephen king i wanted to make a closed book shaped cake and was thinking of butter icing the 3 sides where the pages would be and use a new hair comb to give the result of pages, then i wanted to use fondant icing over the top, but if need to have a round a 3mm over hang to give the effect of an hard back book, how do i stop it hanging down and what is the best way to make the writing on the front cover and side realistic, normally the stephen king would be in gold, how would i do that, next to that i want to somehow make a bowl ( fruit bowl ) out over sugar and then fill with mixed fruit and drizzle cream when comes to serving, on top of that i want a pair of reading glasses nest to the book, again sugar work and finally i want to put a sugar paste rose as though it was left on the book, its quite a big task for me hence needing the help, im practicing the roses so i have that one covered, just need help with the rest, thank you all

2 replies
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 3
Zuicidal_Zeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zuicidal_Zeth Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 12:07am
post #3 of 3

thanks bakencake that helps a great deal, im pretty sure for the gold lettering i cud use gold leaf, my dads fundin it so shouldnt be a problem lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%