Wanted To Share Something I Learned About Making Cupcakes...

Baking By cookieswithdots Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 3:31am by josefina20

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 1:28am
post #1 of 6

Hi all-

You know what they say, practice makes perfect. Just wanted to share my experience I had this past weekend when I made 150 cupcakes for my daughter's wedding. Hopefully someone will learn from me.

Since their wedding was on a Fri. evening, I baked the cupcakes Thurs. morning with the help of a friend. All went great! Since there were so many I wanted them to stay fresh and away from any accidents, so I put them in the cupcakes carriers from Costco. When I got up the next day a ton of them pulled away from their wrappers and pretty much caved it! But--- no fear friends helped me to rebake the ones needed and we were good. Lesson learned: I'm pretty sure they needed the air to circulate around them. I had used the wrappers in a pracice run and they were fine then so I'm assuming that's what caused the problem.

Just wanted to share.
Melissa

5 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 1:49am
post #2 of 6

CookieswithDots....
Besides the cupcakes keeping warm in the CC Courier - might they have been a tad warm when you put them in?

Something i have learnt in my cupcakes travels - when making hundreds.
Once baked and allowed to cool - as long as i then put a layer of eithert ganache/BC on them - making sure every inch of the tops are covered - they stay fresh until i can put thier little *lids* on - if using fondant that is.

Sorry you had to rebake - but good thing that you posted this thread for those who might not know. thumbs_up.gif

off to see if you have posted them in your photos. icon_smile.gif

Bluehue.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 1:51am
post #3 of 6

Oh wow - the cake and cupcakes look gorgeous - love the colour theme - well done indeed.......Just gorgeous. icon_smile.gif

Bluehue.

Cargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargal Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 2:04am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the tip. I had that problem with some mini cupcakes last month. I checked out your pic also, great design! You MOB's that do the wedding cakes are very brave!!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 3:00am
post #5 of 6

Cupcakes need air until they completely cool. Keep them out in the air and they will start to get dry. So possibly the reason why your liners peeled (a very common question here on CC) is you either underbaked them (even if they were in the same pan as ones that did not peel, if you did not put the exact same amount of batter in each cupcake exactly some will underbake) or put them in the containers before they had a chance to completely cool. Or possibly it was the liner itself, especially if they were a decorated liner. There is a lot of wax that goes on the decorated ones which can make them come away from the cupcake a lot easier.

I personally never get liners that peel. I let my cupcakes cool completely before I put them in storage (after I realized they were peeling away from being underbaked). Others have not been so lucky.

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6

thanks for this post, i had this problem all the time. so thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%