Cupcake And Cake Stand Help!!

Decorating By sugarxosugar143 Updated 4 Jul 2011 , 3:42am by ChelleW

sugarxosugar143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarxosugar143 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 7

im making 24 cupcakes and a 6in round cake. Ive seen pictures of stands people have made where the cake is on the very top and the 24 cupcakes are on stands below it. anyone know how to do this or know of a good tutorial on how to do it?? thanks guys!!! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 7

don't laugh, but what I've done is use particle boards and canned vegetables (with the vegetables still in the can)... wrap the boards in fanci foil and take the wrappers off the canned goods and wrap them in ribbon. There's a pic of one in my photos. icon_smile.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 7

You can purchase a stand from www.thecupcaketower.com.

HTH

sugarxosugar143 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 1:56am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalisCakes

don't laugh, but what I've done is use particle boards and canned vegetables (with the vegetables still in the can)... wrap the boards in fanci foil and take the wrappers off the canned goods and wrap them in ribbon. There's a pic of one in my photos. icon_smile.gif

did you just glue the can to the boards? and what type of glue did you use? im so paranoid that ill go to put the cake on top and cupcakes on and it will just fall apart!! haha lol

KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 2:00am
post #5 of 7

Believe it or not, i DIDN'T glue them, though I though about using the hot glue gun. Leaving the stuff in the can keeps it heavy which makes it more substantial and durable. We even tested it by piling stuff on just one edge to see how much weight it's hold, and then knocked and kicked the table a few times. Didn't fall. I was actually really impressed, cuz i"ve purchased cake and cupcake stands that when the table is tapped everything comes falling down. Plus with these, you can make custom sizes, heights, etc, and decorate them differently each time

sugarxosugar143 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 11:36am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalisCakes

Believe it or not, i DIDN'T glue them, though I though about using the hot glue gun. Leaving the stuff in the can keeps it heavy which makes it more substantial and durable. We even tested it by piling stuff on just one edge to see how much weight it's hold, and then knocked and kicked the table a few times. Didn't fall. I was actually really impressed, cuz i"ve purchased cake and cupcake stands that when the table is tapped everything comes falling down. Plus with these, you can make custom sizes, heights, etc, and decorate them differently each time

okay!! thank you!!! icon_smile.gif

ChelleW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChelleW Posted 4 Jul 2011 , 3:42am
post #7 of 7

I used a bought cupcake stand and stuck a cake board to the top with that double sided sticky foam stuff! It was very sturdy in fact i had a nightmare getting it off!! The top cake was 6 inch i think? You can see it on my daughter's butterfly cake. Saved me buying a whole new stand anyway - they are so hard to find!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%