Trying My Patience- And A Really Silly Question!

Business By BellaBabyCakes Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 5:43am by scp1127

BellaBabyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaBabyCakes Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:18am
post #1 of 2

I will have my Food Safety Certification test on the 18th, I'll then register my business with the state. But until then, I'm STILL waiting on the list of WI requirements for a kitchen from our county inspector!!

I've called multiple times. He's told me to call and "nudge" him if I haven't received his email information. And still nothing. I can't even rent a kitchen without knowing what it needs let alone start even thinking about building my own. I cannot legally sell without his inspection. I've got people waiting. And by the sounds of it, inspections are person and location specific, so I'm hoping to find my place in one shot otherwise I'm paying for inspections of multiple places. My area is very remote and I don't have much to choose from and only one inspector (who also does all the farms).

My significant other has me thinking about a mobile concession stand in lieu of building a separate kitchen...can you use a mobile stand on your land to bake in and use it for venting as well at fairs/farmer's markets if it had the requirements for certification? I know it sounds crazy (because my boyfriend is crazy)...but, I had to ask.

Just very frustrating when you wait on ONE person to get started. Is there any other option?

1 reply
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 5:43am
post #2 of 2

Check online or ask the plumber you plan to use. He will know where to get the code.

Quote by @%username% on %date%