Chocolate Stick Help Needed Please!

Decorating By sjbeatty8 Updated 28 Jun 2011 , 8:40pm by sjbeatty8

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 7

Im making a cake next month based on another cake I made in the past. For the cake I used Rademaker Chocolate Sticks as a border. Here is my problem... I cannot find them anymore except in mint. I found one place that had them but they dont ship in the summer.

I am freaking out because I dont know what else I can use. Here is the cake.. Any suggestions on something else I can use?? Im looking for something economical also because I will need a lot of them.

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 7

There's a company that makes skinny bread sticks. Or salt-free pretzel sticks. How about dipping them in chocolate?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 7

That is a beautiful cake! Can you use a chocolate covered pretzel stick? There is a Japanese brand - I don't know if the brand or the item is named -"Poki" that makes chocolate covered sticks that are more wafer than pretzel . I live in New York and see them in Japanese markets and green grocers. Good luck!

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresaf

That is a beautiful cake! Can you use a chocolate covered pretzel stick? There is a Japanese brand - I don't know if the brand or the item is named -"Poki" that makes chocolate covered sticks that are more wafer than pretzel . I live in New York and see them in Japanese markets and green grocers. Good luck!

I had them on my mind, too, but couldn't remember the name.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 7

I would really prefer something that is solid chocolate so that I can cut the different sizes. I thought about pretzels or Poky sticks but I would have to use one stick for each size because you could see the center... Plus dipping that many pretzels would be a PITA! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%