Spiderman Cake Made It As One Of The Most Saved Cakes Today!

Decorating By SAHCaker Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 5:31am by josefina20

SAHCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SAHCaker Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 20

Not to pat only my back but all you CCers because without your insights AND shared mishaps this would never have been possible.

Someone mentioned they wanted to see the pvc armature. Well, here it is...

19 replies
joviolette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joviolette Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 20

It was an awesome cake!

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 20

Absoultely brilliant cake. My daughter is now trying to convince me I can replicate it... I wish!!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 20

Thank you for the photo of the armature.

It's a great cake!

SAHCaker Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 6:33pm
post #5 of 20

@Chala86: Sure you can!

Go to Home Depot and buy the PVC pipes, flanges and mdf board.
Make a lot of RKT and modeling chocolate.
Of course bake the cake and buttercream.
Assemble your armature. Assemble your cake within the armature. Then wrap the armature with RKT, make sure to use all your strength to compact it as much as possible. Cover in modeling chocolate. This will give it extra strength. I also at times had to put saran around some places (i.e., torso) so that the modeling chocolate would stay put until it dried hard. Smooth. Cover in fondant. Smooth. I airbrushed the lines but I think in hindsight painting with a brush and gel colors would have made for cleaner lines. Then...voila!

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 20

your cake is amazing!

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 20

It is amazing, I was one of the people who asked for the picture so thank you for posting it icon_smile.gif not that I would even attempt to recreate it haha. I must remember not to let my 4 year old sit next to me while I'm on the computer or he will no doubt demand it for his birthday in September too! How long did it take you to do?

jennifercullen Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 20

It is amazing, I was one of the people who asked for the picture so thank you for posting it icon_smile.gif not that I would even attempt to recreate it haha. I must remember not to let my 4 year old sit next to me while I'm on the computer or he will no doubt demand it for his birthday in September too! How long did it take you to do?

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHCaker

@Chala86: Sure you can!

Go to Home Depot and buy the PVC pipes, flanges and mdf board.
Make a lot of RKT and modeling chocolate.
Of course bake the cake and buttercream.
Assemble your armature. Assemble your cake within the armature. Then wrap the armature with RKT, make sure to use all your strength to compact it as much as possible. Cover in modeling chocolate. This will give it extra strength. I also at times had to put saran around some places (i.e., torso) so that the modeling chocolate would stay put until it dried hard. Smooth. Cover in fondant. Smooth. I airbrushed the lines but I think in hindsight painting with a brush and gel colors would have made for cleaner lines. Then...voila!

Love your cake!! amazing!! do you make your RTK with butter or without it?

SAHCaker Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 8:08pm
post #10 of 20

@jennifercullen: It took me three days where the decorating would go into the wee hours of the morning. And the final day I did not sleep.

@Charmed: I made the RKT without butter.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 8:14pm
post #11 of 20

It's no wonder! Your work is amazing!

jennifercullen Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:22pm
post #12 of 20

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 10:03pm
post #13 of 20

Your cake was awesome!!One of the best 3D Spiderman's yet!!What little boy wouldn't love a cake like that!!

luvofpaints Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvofpaints Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 2:59am
post #14 of 20

My son just told me today he wants a spiderman cake for his birthday in Feb. so luckily he didn't see this cake but I'm trying to convince my husband we can do it =) Thanks so much for the pictures and directions I'm going to have to try to make something similar!

luvofpaints Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvofpaints Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 2:59am
post #15 of 20

My son just told me today he wants a spiderman cake for his birthday in Feb. so luckily he didn't see this cake but I'm trying to convince my husband we can do it =) Thanks so much for the pictures and directions I'm going to have to try to make something similar!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:18am
post #16 of 20

So which parts exactly are cake and which parts RKT?
How did you add the cake? Cakeboards?

Would you perchance have any of those photos?

An awesome cake

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:19am
post #17 of 20

oh and how much cake did you bake and how much RKT were needed? How many did this cake serve?

SAHCaker Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:54am
post #18 of 20

Hey all,

The total cake baked was two half sheets stacked with a cake board dividing the layers then trimmed to fit proportionately. The cake sat on a board then a bed of RKT and there was a board dividing the cake from the RKT on top. I must have made about 8 half sheet pans full of RKT. I remember it this way because I melted the marshmallows in the half sheet pan in the oven and just mixed the RKT right there.

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:58am
post #19 of 20

Yeap, it went into my favs this morning! Good job! icon_wink.gif

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 5:31am
post #20 of 20

thanks you so much for posting the body. i was one of the person who asked you to post a picture of it. thanks for sharing it.

Now that i see this picture, holly cow, how did you put this together icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%