Mini Cupcakes Question

Baking By KayMc Updated 28 Jun 2011 , 2:45pm by Osgirl

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 3

I have a few questions for those of you who have already successfully baked mini cupcakes.

Can any cupcake recipe successfully be used? I'm considering using my Hershey chocolate cake recipe, as that makes perfect cupcakes. I do NOT want these to be dry.

The Wilton mini cupcake tin comes with directions that suggests 8-10 minutes. What time has successfully worked?

Any other tips I should know? I'm hoping to not waste batter ingredients. Thank you so much!

2 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 3

The only rule i go by is -
Do not open oven door and test until the minimum time is up.
In your case, that would be the 8 minute mark.

If i can bake a cake from a batter - then i can bake cupcakes from that batter.
eg: This evening i have baked two large Fruitcakes - and then baked 24 minnie cakes - from the same mixture.

Oven temp and timing is everything...oh, and how full you fill your little cases. icon_wink.gif

Hope this helps you.

Bluehue

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 3

Any cupcake recipe I use I've also used to make minis. As far as time-it's typically half the time of regular cupcakes. I usually check around 8 minutes, but more often than not it takes about 10 minutes. Each recipe can be slightly different though. As far as filling the liners-I would test each recipe out. Make the batter, bake 1-2 cupcakes and see how much they rise. That's my one problem with minis sometimes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%