???'s About Macsmom Chocolate Wasc

Baking By Sunshine0063 Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 4:58pm by punkyf

Sunshine0063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine0063 Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 6:25am
post #1 of 15

Just wondering if anyone has tried MacsMom's Chocolate WASC. My question is when adding the coffee is it liquid, instant crystals, or coffee grounds. I know it sounds like a silly question, I'm thinking liquid but if I'm wrong I don't have the time to waste on the mistake. The cake is for my son's birthday on Wed, I work full time and won't have a day off until the day of his party.

Thanks for any help

14 replies
BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 8:39am
post #2 of 15

I'm sure it should be liquid, 2 cups of instant coffee is like dumping a whole can of coffee into the batter.

SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 9:22am
post #3 of 15

I use liquid coffee left over from the morning of. I love this wasc version...it's so chocolatey and moist!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 11:45am
post #4 of 15

I mix up some instant in hot water to make the amount needed.

luntus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luntus Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 15

yup instant. I mix it with a little hot water to make sure it disolves properly then with cold water to get it to room temperature. It is very chocolatey and delicious.

punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 15

I was wondering if this cake can be carved? I need a chocolate cake that can be carved into a pirate ship. I've searched and have not found one yet.

punkyf

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:39pm
post #7 of 15

This is one of our favorite cakes! It is extra moist though so for carving you might want to cut back on the sure by 1/4 cup or so to firm it up a bit more.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 15

I also make instant coffee, but I've never bothered bringing it back down to room temperature. I'm going to be honest, I hated chocolate cake until I made this one! Everyone loves it and says it is the best chocolate cake they've had. It is the only recipe I will use, and I have never had any trouble carving it or stacking it.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 1:53pm
post #9 of 15

I should mention that I usually carve partially frozen though. That makes it much easier to carve!

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 2:20pm
post #10 of 15

i LOVE this cake.. I made it for the first time last week and i added chocolate pudding with reese in it for the filling mmmmmm so good.. Very moist cake not good for craving... I even had alittle time hard time putting the buttercream but it was all worth it.. I didnt add the coffee just cuz i didnt have any at home but it still came out super good.. def will make it again..

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 15

I think she mentioned before that if you are doing a carved cake, you should leave out the pudding. The flavor is great, though!

Karen

punkyf Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:20pm
post #12 of 15

Where can I find this recipe? I've looked and looked and have not been able to find it. Thanks.

drummerg68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drummerg68 Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:37pm
post #13 of 15

Chocolate WASC (macsmom's method ) - MacsMom
2 dark chocolate cake mixes
2 c cake flour (gives it a lighter crumb)
2 1/4 c sugar (extra sugar for moistness)
1/3 c cocoa powder
3/4 t salt (less salt because of the cocoa powder)
2 pkg chocolate fudge pudding mixes
8 egg whites or 6 whole eggs
2 c sour cream
2 c coffee
1 c chocolate milk (extra liquid because chocolate mixes tend to be thick)
1/3 c oil
2 t Nielsen Massey's chocolate extract
2 t vanilla or butter extract

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:40pm
post #14 of 15

punkyf asked: ".......Where can I find this recipe? I've looked and looked and have not been able to find it"............

Here is the *Original* WASC recipe. All you have to do is use strong brewed coffee as the liquid. It makes a *GREAT!* cake w/o lots of extra ingredients. Give it a tryicon_smile.gif I know you'll love it.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-

punkyf Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 4:58pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks for the recipes. I can't wait to try them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%