Fondant Cakes And Humidity??

Decorating By Pieceofcakebyrita Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 9:47pm by Pieceofcakebyrita

Pieceofcakebyrita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pieceofcakebyrita Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 5

Does any one know a good way to help with the humidity problem with fondant on cakes? I have an AC and it works good while in the house but as soon as the cakes leave the house in the summer they sweat! Sometimes even compromise the cakes decorations. I make the cake and take it in and out of the fridge to keep it cold while I decorate, does anyone else have the problem of sweating cakes from being in the fridge? I only have to keep them cold in the summer, we are in Canada so the winter there is no need. Any suggestions for anti sweat?

4 replies
sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 5

I'm in Florida & I never put mine in the fridge at all. The change in temp is what makes them sweat. If it's at room temp, I keep it at room temp... HTH!

coloradoflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradoflower Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 5

Okay what about really really dry fondant, I live in Southern Colorado and I have a heck of a time covering cakes in fondant the air is darn dry. Is there anything I can do about that?

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 5

Dry fondant - add a little Karo Syrup.

Pieceofcakebyrita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pieceofcakebyrita Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 5

I'm going to try a dehumidifier, I think that might help. Maybe a humidifier would help the problem of dry fondant since we have the opposite problem : ! ha halol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%