I Finally Bought An Agbay!

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 5:01am by leah_s

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 3:42am
post #1 of 4

Just sayin! haha.

After several years of saying "No way I'm paying that for a cake leveler" I finally got sick of my bread-knife-hack-jobs and bought one. It came today...looking forward to trying it out on the two wedding cakes I'm doing this week!

This month actually I'm really learning the meaning of "putting money back into the business". haha. I've been slowly redoing my pans from old messed up Wilton ones to Fat Daddio...this week I got a set of odd sized rounds.

Plus, I went to our local restaurant store and bought cases of cake boards...they only had sizes 10"-18" for now, I'll worry about the smaller ones later....I figure I can make my own cake drums for TONS cheaper than buying them premade, or buying the Wilton ones, even with a coupon. I only spent $129 for a case of each 10"/12"/14"/16"/18" cardboard rounds, the first two sizes having 250 in each case, and the other three having 125 in each case.

Better go to bed, I guess!!!! Just had to share my Agbay news. LOL.

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:18am
post #2 of 4

Congrats, Suzy! This is one of the things I'm dying for. The words "hack job" were put side by side with me in mind when I've tried to level a cake. In desperation, I've gone in for marking height on the edges with toothpicks and cutting through the layers with dental floss - it works, but it takes forever! When I finally get enough business to justify sinking some more money into it, this is one of the first things on my list!

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 4:26am
post #3 of 4

be very careful blade is soooooooooo sharp...I love mine!!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 5:01am
post #4 of 4

You're going to love it! And wonder how you managed without it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%