Augh! Liners Pulling Away From Cupcakes-Thoughts?

Baking By Osgirl Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 10:07pm by Dayti

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 3

Last night I baked cupcakes and the liners kept peeling away from the cupcakes after I took them out of the oven. One difference was that it was happening mostly to the brown mini cupcake liners (the liners were almost completely pulled away from the chocolate cupcakes).

I would think it was that except it happened to the white liners that I use all the time, and there was one recipe that it didn't happen to.

Any ideas why this is happening? These are for a birthday party and bridal shower and there's no way I can remake them. Luckily I just do this on the side and don't consider myself a "professional", but these people are paying me and I want them to look nice.

I hadn't had this problem until last night and I've done cupcakes many times!

2 replies
Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 3

I guess no one has any ideas!?!?! Well, I made the same chocolate recipe yesterday to see if it would happen again, and the liners didn't pull away from the cakes! This is what I did differently: I lightly tapped the pan on the counter (with a towel on top) a few times to help the batter settle into each liner better (I read somewhere about this). I also took the cupcakes out of the pans almost immediately upon coming out of the oven. Let's hope that doesn't happen again!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 3

There are lots of theories on this problem including overbaking, using cheap or bad quality liners...I think they all can make a difference, but I am a firm believer in this one you stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osgirl

I also took the cupcakes out of the pans almost immediately upon coming out of the oven.

I do this all the time with all recipes. None of my cupcakes peel if I do this. My chocolate cupcakes were notorious for peeling but now I have asbestos fingers from taking them out the pan asap icon_biggrin.gif
Also, if you handle them quite roughly after baking, you might dislodge the paper liner, and if you do it will not stick back on! So remove from pans quickly but carefully.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%