Looking For A Specific Cake Picture

Decorating By SISA Updated 25 Jun 2011 , 12:46pm by SISA

SISA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SISA Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:17am
post #1 of 4

I recently seen a picture of a cake. It was round tiers and it looked like someone just took a row of large circles of frosting lined up vertically on the cake and then took a small spatula and kind of smeared the dollop to the right then did another row of the same thing until the cake was covered all the way around. I am not sure is I seen it on here or some where else on the internet. Does anyone know of this cake? I would love to see the image again. If you know of this technique or if you have seen this cake please let know where I can find it. Thanks!!!!

3 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:31am
post #2 of 4
mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:47am
post #3 of 4

There is a tutorial on Mycakeschool.com. It's basically a line of dots piped with a large round tip. Insert a small offset spatula 3/4 of the way across the dot and drag to the right. When you do the first row, also drag a little bit to the left so it will end up even. This is hard to describe! But it's pretty easy. Also work from top to bottom so it will be even.

SISA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SISA Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks guys!!! Cake that is not the exact cake that I saw but, it is the same technique. Also, Thanks Mom for the tutorial link. I'm sure that will help. Your help is really appreciated!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%