Fondant Baby Colour Tints?

Decorating By CBMom Updated 12 Jun 2015 , 3:18pm by Jlovescakes

CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:16am
post #1 of 5

Sorry if this has been asked before..
Love my new baby mold...but wondering what icing colour to use for tinting the fondant..??

And for painting on the shadows, hair and eyebrows.

Thanks!!

icon_smile.gif

4 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:50am
post #2 of 5

Well it depends on what skin color you're aiming for. But generally for Caucasian babies, use a little fleshtone with a little brown. Skin comes in a million colors, so the exact pink or brown you use doesn't really matter. For darker skinned babies...latino or black, add more brown until you get the right shade...for asians use tiny bits of yellow and brown.

I recommend going much lighter than you think you should. The gumpaste will eeven lighten more when it dries. But I find that they look more realistic when they are lighter. If they're darker, you have to use darker dust for the eyebrows, lips and blushing cheeks and it ends up looking like makeup. For eyebrows and hair, I dilute whatever color I'm using with enough water so you can barely see the color. Trust me, too much color and they look like they have little toupees on.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1911234/1998182

Check the alternate views on this cake I did to see what I mean.

CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

And those babies are absolutely adorable!!! thumbs_up.gif

icon_smile.gif

jenabbott00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenabbott00 Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 5

Those babies are just the CUTEST!!!

Jlovescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jlovescakes Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 5

Hi Everyone

i just started making fondant babies and it has started to split on the under side. Any tips on how to prevent this? I put it in the freezer for 20 minutes a advised and it looked okay at first but after handling it to tint etc I noticed the cracking. Should it let it dry out a bit before tinting?

hope someone can help.

Cheers

Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%