Edible Ink Printer Question

Decorating By sugarandstuff Updated 25 Jun 2011 , 12:58am by sugarandstuff

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 11:08am
post #1 of 5

Can anyone offer any tips on getting the print outs to stick to fondant? I don't know why, but I'm having issues with the little labels staying down? I've tried both water and RI and it always seems like a little area of it comes up in a few spots - (e.g. is on my shoe cake recently added)
Thanks so much

4 replies
KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 5

maybe you just need to put a little more, & make sure you get it closer to the edges of the image.
I also use water, but I'm always afraid it might run the image. Buttercream works too.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 5

I use piping gel sometimes on my images. I am afraid of the water... icon_smile.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 5

I put them on cookies all the time. I use a mix of one part karo to about 3 parts water. I put the karo/water on the fondant, instead of the image. I use a quarter inch paint brush, if you are doing a cake, you might want to use a half inch brush.

Brush a little of the karo/water in the center of where you want the image to go, continue brushing until the dampened space is just a bit smaller than your image and is sticky, but not wet. Lay your image down, you will have a few seconds to manipulate and smooth the image, so the sticky space will come to the edges.

If I do squares or rectangles, I dip each corner into the sticky fondant before laying the image down, I find that helps to keep the corners down. HTH

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 12:58am
post #5 of 5

Thank you all for the tips - I am going to try this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%