Help! Marble Wasc--Need To Do Now!

Baking By kandu001 Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 6:56pm by Mme_K

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a marble (choc. and vanilla) WASC cake for a friend's daughter's 1st birthday and I just realized I have never made one! I bought choc., vanilla, and marble box mix, but I have no idea where to start or which one to use! I have made the vanilla WASC a million times though. Help! I need to make it tonight (or tomorrow morning at the latest)!
Thanks!!

3 replies
paoli96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paoli96 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 4

Hello,
I just did a marble cake for 150 serving graduation cake.

I actually used the yellow cake mix and made it exactly the same as the WASC but used butter flavoring instead of the almond flavoring.

I also made my regular dark chocolate fudge WASC (that uses instant coffee in the recipe).

To make the marble I filled my pan with 1 cup yellow batter then 1/2 cup chocolate batter and continued this until my pan was filled appropriately. I then used a toothpick and did a quick swirl through the batter.

It turned out VERY nice! People were going back for 2nd and 3rds so I am assuming they liked the flavor.

Hope that helps.

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! That's what I think I'll do. I've never made a choc. wasc either though! Uh OH!!!

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 4

I just make a regular WASC recipe large enough for the entire cake, then add cocoa powder to a portion of it. Add the cocoa flavored batter by spoonfuls to your batter in the cake tin and swirl it around to mix with the regular batter. I've found if I make the chocolate batter really chocolatey. it's best to add a little bit more liquid to it so that it is the same consistancy as your regular batter. HTH thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%