Help Please - Snoopy Cake

Decorating By Chala86 Updated 23 Jun 2011 , 5:57pm by warchild

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 7:01am
post #1 of 8

I've been asked to make a snoopy cake that looks somewhat like this

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/cartoons/wallpapers/sleeping-snoopy.jpg

I've never done anything like this before and have no idea where to start. Has anyone ever carved a cake like this and, if so, how did you go about it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

7 replies
DomesticatedDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DomesticatedDiva Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 7:21am
post #2 of 8

I havent carved a cake yet but if i was going to make this snoopy cake i would trace his outline on a sheet of greasproof paper or similar, cut it out, place on the cake then cut carve around it slowly.
Just a thought icon_smile.gif
Im very new to all this so feel free to disregard anything i say lol

Chala86 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 7:25am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomesticatedDiva

I havent carved a cake yet but if i was going to make this snoopy cake i would trace his outline on a sheet of greasproof paper or similar, cut it out, place on the cake then cut carve around it slowly.
Just a thought icon_smile.gif
Im very new to all this so feel free to disregard anything i say lol

I'm far from experienced myself and am feeling kind of nervous about this cake but that seems like a good start to me.

I'm wondering whether to use sheet cake or to do seperate cakes.... Thinking sheet cakes would be best but I really need to height as it's 3d.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 9:08am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chala86

I've been asked to make a snoopy cake that looks somewhat like this

http://www.myfreewallpapers.net/cartoons/wallpapers/sleeping-snoopy.jpg

I've never done anything like this before and have no idea where to start. Has anyone ever carved a cake like this and, if so, how did you go about it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chala86, click on the link. There's a Snoopy cake very close to what you've been asked to make. There's no instructions, but the cake photo should make it easier for you to figure out the shaping/carving you'll have to do.
If you click on the photo it will enlarge, click it twice, and it'll enlarge even more.
I stink at carving cakes so my suggestions might not be the best to go by.. But.. If it was me making the cake, I'd proably bake two "halves" for carving, as the neck area is so narrow. Carve one half for the head and one for the body, then join the two halves at the neck. Feet and arms could be molded from rice krispie treats as that would make them lighter.

http://theplanetcakeapprentice.blogspot.com/2011/06/update-from-shell.html

Chala86 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 9:34am
post #5 of 8

Excellent - thanks warchild

warchild Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:

Excellent - thanks warchild

You're welcome!

Have fun and don't forget to post pics!

Chala86 Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 8

The snoopy cake is now done and pics have been uploaded. Thank you for your help icon_smile.gif

warchild Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 5:57pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:

The snoopy cake is now done and pics have been uploaded. Thank you for your help icon_smile.gif

Good job Chala86! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%